Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't download or delete after doing system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tortandsid

tortandsid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

After doing a System restore, I can't download anything or delete

I somehow removed IE when doing a system cleanup and then did a system restore. After the restore, IE is not quite right...parts of it are missing. Anyway that's not the main problem. The problem is, I can't seem to download ANYTHING. When I try, I just get a "click" noise and nothing happens. I've trying downloading all kinds of things, different browsers, repair programs, etc. None will download. I've disabled my virus program just in case, but that didn't make any difference.

I also can't delete most anything, not even my spam email.

Don't know if it's some weird setting I accidently have on or a problem with my computer.

I did have My Security Shield Virus a few days ago and it LOOKS like it was removed when I did a system restore (previous to the system restore I'm talking about above) and then scanned with avast and found a trojan and quarrantined it.

Don't know if my problem has anything to do with the virus or not, because after I got rid of the virus (at least I think I got rid of it), I could download and delete okay until doing the second system restore.

Anyway, as you can probably tell, I'm not too good with computers, so any help would be most appreciated.

EDIT: Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 19 September 2010 - 06:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hi tortandsid, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

With the symptoms that you've described you may still be infected.

I would suggest opening a topic in the Am I Infected forum where we have well trained staff member that will be glad to help you get this sorted out. The link below will get you there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users