Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to fully secure my router, & my pc's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaleb derek

kaleb derek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

gotta couple questions first?

is it possible for someone to hack into your multiple pc connections through my netgear router?

through your IP adrresses? and once they have your ip adrresses or if they can go in your pc through your wireless routers? can they recover your account usernames and passwords? as well as see the various sites that you have visited?

how do i fully secure myself? Id like to do a keylogg scan too to see if there's any keylogger on my pc or if there's any softwares like the ones that take snapshots of your screen?

i have norton 360, and a netgear router, i have setup a password on the router too.

Edit: Moved topic from Am I hacked? What do I do? to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

If you have a hardware router between your network and computers the only way they can hack your computers are:
  • If you have port forwarding setup to your internal computers where the port forward goes to an insecure application.
  • If you do not have port forwarding setup, then they can only set it up remotely if you have remote web management enabled. They could then potentially hack your admin login, if the password is easy, and configure port forwarding to your internal computers.
  • If you have remote web management and port forwarding off then you are secure
You are an internal ip address, which means they cannot access it directly over the internet unless you have it configured for port forwarding. See above. If they do get access to your machine, then yes they can see where you go and possible get usernames and passwords.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users