Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invalid Menu Handle

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShWo

ShWo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:11 AM

I posted last week but didn't get answer. Maybe someone can help.

Whenever I am reading email and try to open a picture attachment I cannot open it directly and get error message "Invalid Menu Handle." It will let me save it to my pictures file but I cannot open it directly. I used to be able to do this, but suddenly am not able to. Also I am able to open directly a video, just not a picture.

I am using Windows XP, Yahoo to read mail and Internet Explorer version 6.0.

So this is what happens. When I double click on picture it gives me a virus scan screen with the info below and I press the download button.

File name: DS24.jpg
File size: 54kb
File type: image/jpeg
Scan result: No virus threat detected.

Then it gives me this screen:

File Download Security Warning

Name: DS24.jpg
Type: Unkown file type.
Do you want to open or save this file? (To which I chose open)

Then I get the message:

c:\documents and settings\Sheila Turner\local settings\temporary internet files\content IE5\Y3WRUDCR\DS24[4].jpg

Invalid Menu Handle

Thanks for any help!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

Sheila - I have two suggestions (guesses):

1. Run Windows Update.

2. Repair Internet Explorer:
There is a tutorial to fix IE here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...ress-tut71.html

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users