Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Testing other software -- may have problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ghot1

ghot1

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Win XP Pro SP3

When testing the 90 day trial of Norton Internet Security it found (may have created by itself) a USER / Local Settings / Temp entry that it reported as bad. This was on what I HAD considered a CLEAN machine.
See profile for running Security Software. Other Programs I run are: Malwarbyte's Antimalware and occasionally SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot S&D.

Lately I used a program called DLL Hijack Auditor and it reported that of the 3 main .dll's in Zonealarm (free) 80.065.000.en.exe ONE of them had suffered the MS advisory DLL exploit. So I updated ZA (free) to v9.2.057.000 (which I hate) but doesn't have the DLL exploit...supposedly. I also keep full primary partition Ghost 2003 backups, regularly.
Anyways, since I've been messing around with my system and am using the newer ZA, I am no longer sure of the cleanliness of my computer.

No AV, Malware scanners, or even HJT show any problems. So...I ran Rootrepeal, GMER and DDS as instructed in your "prep" topic and have the results saved to Desktop...so....what should I do next...I remember reading that you no longer do "attachments" so I figured I'd ask first....what you want posted and how.

Edited by ghot1, 18 September 2010 - 05:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users