Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

oblivion runs REALLY slow and then crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lnepoe888

lnepoe888

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

Error says something about ASAudioHD.ax being the culprit. I have Total Media Extreme installed which I use to record HD video off my Xbox 360. (google said it uses that file as well)

Basically I launch oblivion, no menu music plays though its supposed to, then I load the save, and the framerate goes from 14 to 20 I can't move around barely, its very very unresponsive.

This computer is really starting to annoy me...

My machine has a Phenom 965, 4GB of RAM, and a 9800GTX+, it shouldn't be going that slow.

Edited by lnepoe888, 18 September 2010 - 04:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lnepoe888

lnepoe888
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Ok I tried unregistering the file in question, this isn't really a fix, more of a workaround but it seems to work. My question now is, I want to make a batch file that when oblivion starts, will unregister the file, and then when the window closes, it will reregister the file. (So as soon as computer realized Oblivion.exe isn't running anymore, it will run regsvr32 again and register the file. Can this be done? I've seen it done before, I just don't remember the command.

Edited by lnepoe888, 18 September 2010 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users