Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nnet.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kalibashe

kalibashe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

i keep getting the error message nnet.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Yesterday I viewed the error report contents and went into the folder and deleted the files the report said were associated with it. I did not get the error message again all day but then this morning it was back again. It pops up every so often thruoghout the day everyday and is very annoying. I do not know if this exe is causing any particular problem in my machine everything has been running the same except for my plug and play devises which periodically on their own enable and disable themselves. I would like to know how to get rid of this nnet.exe and also learn what exactly it is and what if any damage it can cause my machine. I am currently looking in my regedit and googling any keys that i can not idenify as ligit. So far everything has checked out to belong in my registry. If someone has had this same error message or knows what it is please write me and let me know what you can do to help me.
THX!

Edited by hamluis, 18 September 2010 - 03:27 PM.
Moved to Am I Infected from XP forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi kalibashe, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I did a quick Google and see that this is being recognized as a trojan.

I would suggest opening a topic in the Am I Infected forum where our staff can help you clean this computer.

You can simply copy your post from here and paste it in a new topic at the Am I Infected forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users