Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sleeper68

Sleeper68

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Hello all hopefully someone can help me with this problem.

My sound works great, except when i plug in my Logitech G27 Wheel then it
goe's all scratchy and distorted. I've tried useing Different
usb ports still nothing, but the same wheel will plug into my other Dell which is
XPS Gen 4 and works fine. I'm sure there's a simple solution to it,but i'm not seeing it.

SyStem
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Dell XPS 630i
Intel®Core™2 Quad CPU
Q6600@2.40GHz
3.25GB of Ram
Onboard sound card

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hi Sleeper68, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I'm not sure just what to suggest with your sound problem if changing the USB port doesn't make any difference.

But there is one thing that I would like to point out, this last July 14th Microsoft discontinued support for SP2. If you want to continue with updates you need to install SP3. This will continue to be supported until 2014.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users