Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PowerDVD 10 Ultra crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix VII

Phoenix VII

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:57 PM

My PowerDVD 10 doesn't work anymore and even re-installing the application didn't do anything. It's just giving me this message;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD10.exe
Application Version: 10.0.1830.0
Application Timestamp: 4c2a42fe
Fault Module Name: RTLCPAPI.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.2.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 49f5896f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00007a07
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This is a legitimate version that I bought and paid for from Cyberlink's site. Why did it suddenly stop working on me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phoenix VII

Phoenix VII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

One thing I forgot to mention was that it was working fine for several weeks previously and the only change I did to the system before PowerDVD stopped working was install an Auzentech HD HomeTheater sound card.

#3 caveman-jim

caveman-jim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hi Phoenix.

The problem here is an audio driver conflict. When you added the Auzentech HD card, did you disable your onboard audio? The RTLCPAPI.dll indicates the presence of a Realtek audio processor. These can be found in many mainboards, as well as AMD ATI Radeon video cards (HD 2000 - 5000 series). To test if this is the solution, open Device Manager (Right click on Computer, select Manage, then click on Device Manager) and expand the 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' section. Right click on any/all Realtek or ATI High Definition Audio device entries present, and select 'Disable'. Once you've disabled them all, Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 should start. Make sure you install the latest patches for PDVD if necessary.

If this solves the problem, you can enter your computers BIOS and disabled the onboard audio from there. You can't do that for the ATI HD audio, just have to do it in device manager.

Hope that helps,

Edited by caveman-jim, 22 September 2010 - 09:55 PM.

#4 cadboroguy

cadboroguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

Many thanks caveman-jim,
my circumstance was exactly the same as phoenix vii, and your advice fixed my problem.

#5 garchefe

garchefe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thank you very much caveman-jim!! it was a very helpful solution for me as well

#6 dartfever

dartfever

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Many thanks, Caveman-Jim! I had the same problem with PowerDVD 9 (Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-Bit), and your fix worked perfectly. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it seems like it should be referenced in the installation details that come with new devices; even my PC manufacturer (Dell) only mentions changing the audio controller in System Setup, not in Device Manager. For me, PowerDVD has continued to be problematic whenever I make any changes that involve video and audio devices or software; my VLC Media Player and ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater have both remained rock-solid through any system changes I have made, whereas PowerDVD 9 is very touchy as to which new codecs may interfere with full operation. Okay, now that I have put everyone to sleep with my video rant, I will close with a final 'thank you' to Caveman-Jim! Best regards, Dana

Edited by dartfever, 24 September 2011 - 02:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users