Jump to content
Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:58 AM
Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:06 AM
Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:50 AM
If you've recently upgraded or re-installed the Sun Java 2 plugin, and you're still having problems, please make sure that you've enabled the plugin for your browser. Here's how to do that:
When you download and install the Sun Java VM, you can choose to use it in Internet Explorer and/or Netscape (depending on what's installed on your computer.) To make sure Internet Explorer is using the Sun Java VM, please follow these instructions:
- Click on START
- Choose 'Settings-Control Panel'
- Click on the 'Java Plug-in 1.4...' icon
- Click the 'Browser' Tab
- Make sure there's a check in the box next to the browser you're using (Internet Explorer or Netscape. Choose Internet Explorer if you're using AOL)
If you're using Internet Explorer or AOL, you'll also want to do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the 'Tools' menu.
- Choose 'Internet Options'
- Click the 'Advanced' Tab
- Scroll down to the 'Java (Sun)' listing
- Make sure the 'Use Java...' item has a check in the box next to it.
- Click OK
This will ensure that the browser is using the Java VM from Sun, and not the default version.
If your browser is properly using the Sun Java 2 plugin for Java content, you'll see a little purple coffee cup in your Windows system tray (by the system clock) when you try to log into a game on Pogo.
The fate of all mankind, I see
Is in the hands of fools
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users