Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer is rebelling against its upgrade!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wheezie

wheezie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

I purchased (2) 1Gb DDR333 PC2700 unbuffered, nonECC 128mgX64 for my computer after having it scanned by crucial. (I did not buy the memory from them). The first sticks that came, were totally wrong and i sent for a replacement. The new sticks are recognized by my computer, but the computer will not allow for my son to play his warcraft game.(it came up with a fatal error?) I have also tried one stick only, which caused the computer to reboot a few times. So, the original is back in and doing well.

The new sticks I have have 16 chips on each side vs the 8 that most chips have. I could not find a picture of this type of stick at all on the web. I'm not sure how to tell if it is low density, or even if it is what I ordered? It has a sticker on it that says "1G PC2700 UDIMM 2RX8. It is only a sticker though, so who knows. I hope someone can tell me if this is a "real" 1GB chip and how to make sure it is what I ordered. It has a few numbers on it, but not a lot.

Thanks sooooo much!!

Wheezie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

Reference: High Density Memory Explained - http://www.1ststop.net/

I would say that you have high-density modules, where low-density would be the preference.

Louis

#3 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

Reference: High Density Memory Explained - http://www.1ststop.net/

I would say that you have high-density modules, where low-density would be the preference.

Louis

Nice reply, I wish I could help others here as skillfully,Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,245 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

Well...I've learned over the years...it's the willingness to try to help...that's leads to learning more about what probably should have been suggested. I'm not always as thorough, it's not always as easy to find an answer :thumbsup:.

But, I try :huh:.

Louis

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

"1G PC2700 UDIMM 2RX8" I think is low density RAM.

What is the brand/model and motherboard info if available?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users