Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really basic question on LUA accounts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Becky99

Becky99

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

When I do a clean install of Win 7 and want to create a few Standard User accounts, should I load all my programs in Admin right after installation or load my programs after I created all my user accounts?

In other words, I want to install Win 7, load a bunch of programs from disk (security, mail apps, Office apps, etc) before I even connect to the internet. Most of these programs don't have the option "install for just you or all Users," so should I install them all first and then create my user accounts (I do want each user to have access to them).

The other idea I had was to create the user accounts and then create whatever shortcuts within those accounts that point to the program files. Are there any security risks in doing any of this? Or more generally, what's the best method? Thanks! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 face pirate

face pirate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

i would create all the user accounts first so that when you install all those programs if they have system-wide settings or ones that apply to each user account you wont need to install or reconfigure the program when you make more user accounts

also you will get all the shortcuts in the right place pointing at the right target. much better than manually creating program shortcuts on new accounts
Posted Image

Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users