Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Take A Bite Out Of CyberCrime

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wildman424

wildman424

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

:trumpet: These days the Internet is everywhere. It's in our homes,in our schools,in our library's,in our workplaces, but unfortunately not everyone is as "Cyber Smart" as they should be. Most general end users (the general public) don't realize the dangers lurking around the dark corners of the Internet. Computer Viruses,Malicious Hackers,Spammers they are all real !!!, and have become the next generation of con-artist. There's so many scams going around the net its really hard to keep track of them all. And the bad guys keep coming up with new ones everyday. I feel its the duty of those that "know better" this means everyone from computer manufactures to software developers to tech support personnel have a responsibility to educate the public and put these scamming con-artist out of business every chance we get. And maybe one day we'll be able to put these frauds down and out for good. :thumbsup:
Below Are Some Links Courtesy Of Uncle Sam (That's The U.S Government For Our International Friends) To Help You Take A Bite Out Of Cyber Crime

Dot Cons- ConArtist Go High Tech

Stop.Think.Click: 7 Practices for Computer Security

You’ve Got Spam: How to "Can" Unwanted Email

DON’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU! How to Protect Your Good Name from Identity Theft

Net Based Business Opportunities: Are Some Flop-portunities

Minimizing the Effects of Malware on Your Computer

Scareware: "Free Security Scan" Could Cost Time and Money

How Not to Get Hooked by a ‘Phishing’ Scam

Internet Auctions A Guide for Buyers and Sellers

Auction Guides: Not So Hot Properties

Money Transfers Can Be Risky Business

Cost of "Free" Adult Content Adds Up

Trapped in the Tangled Web: Web Scheme Diverts Consumers from Their Intended Sites

Check Overpayment Scams: Seller Beware

Bank Failures, Mergers and Takeovers: A “Phish-erman’s Special”

Being Frank about Search Engine Rank

:inlove: Below Are Some Resources To Report CyberCrime:

Internet Crime Complaint Center

FBI CyberCrimes Division

U.S Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection Home Page

INTERPOL

I'd Like To Thank The Staff At Bleeping Computer For Allowing Me To Post This Here To Help Raise Cyber Security Awareness :flowers:
Wildman424
Malware Fighter in training
"A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted
to be that profound secret and mystery to every other."
-Charles Dickens

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

Good info for everyone. Thanks for sharing.

#3 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

I feel its the duty of those that "know better" this means everyone from computer manufactures to software developers to tech support personnel have a responsibility to educate the public...

I fully agree, and I love that you made this statement. When I was in college, I had to take a Professional Ethics course while studying for my Associate's degree. My term paper for this course was titled: The Ethical Responsibility of Systems Administrators to Maintain High Levels of Security and Provide Detailed Information to End Users Regarding Internet Threats.

I got an A for that paper, too. :thumbsup:

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#4 Alesha565

Alesha565

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

Great info. thanks for sharing with everyone wildman42

#5 jziggyp

jziggyp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

Excellent info. I didn't even know about most of this. ----Should be made readily available to everyone..

#6 creshel wu

creshel wu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

Great information! esp. to those who are not that versed into computers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users