Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

Hello all. I am an 86 year old lady, still working as a teacher (of ESL at our local college) and passionately addicted to my PC. Have been so ever since around 1982 when I first took PC courses in school and learned computer languages, at that time - Basic and Cobalt. Then was introduced to Windows and never looked back.

I live in the CA desert and tech help is iffy here so, online sites are a great help on which to post problems. I have a brand new computer that was built with the help of a very tech gentleman on a game site. I know quite a lot about PCs by now but when it gets technical - am all at sea.

I use my PC in my work to connect to the colleges mainframe, for gaming of which I am addicted and for playing card games -and especially for Peter's jigsaws - another addiction.

I have two PCs - a desktop with XP Home Edition and a Laptop with Win 7. They, my work, and two cockatiel birds, OJ and Nicole (got them at the time of the famous trial) keep my life pretty well filled.

Have a few PC problems which are more annoying than real issues and some am just curious about as to why they operate as they do. So will be eager to post here for input from people who have experienced same.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hello pdcagirl,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer glad to have you here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users