Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I the only one who thinks this is WRONG?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:40 AM

A tv program confirmed what I believed all along.

Men judge women based on looks. Women judge men based on status ($$$).

Am I the only one who thinks that is just wrong? When I see sexy girls I look the other way (not literally, heh). Because I know I would have no chance with them. I wouldn't even bother. The only way I'd have a chance is if I was a celebrity or really rich. And I still would want nothing to do with them because I know they would only want me for my $$$.

For women to look away from men who don't make a certain amount of money is wrong. IMO. And any girl who thinks about money is someone I want to avoid. According to the show, they're saying its nature, so that means it should be pretty much everyone. Then were interviewing couples and one laughed as she said she wouldn't of married the guy she was sitting next to if he was unemployed when they met. And he laughed too. I would of laughed then been like "hahaha, wait, what???".

When someone is a celebrity, everyone wants to be their friend no matter how ugly they are. They end up with girls who definitely would have nothing to do with them if they were working at McDonalds. The men are scum IMO because they go straight to the best of girls. Theres no "love" or anything. What they are attracted to is a pretty face. What the women are attracted to is their status. Its no surprise to me when hollywood marriages seem to last a couple of weeks.

I remember reading a quote from a guy saying about how he and his girlfriend are so different and thats what makes their relationship great. I don't think so. I think people who are opposites do not belong together and there is only so long they can keep the sharade up (which is again why I believe there is so much divorce). IMO this gentleman was in denial and was making up excuses to convince himself why he should be with a person that he has nothing in common with except he likes the face. He would be better off IMO with an uglier girl who he had more in common with.

I don't want nothing to do with any of this. If that means never getting married, so be it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

EGG, my friend i'm gonna tell you a story...
this is a true story...it happen several years ago.... in my profession i meet all kinda of people from vastly different walks of life...as i was making my usual rounds that particular day, this gentleman had net me many times before and had grown accustomed to my friendly manner....one this day, my life wasn't goin so well, family illness's..ect....it kinda got to me and try as i might to stop them the tears had begun to roll.....determined to be a professional, i wiped my eyes and slapped a smile on my face as i entered the gate...this gentleman looked into my eyes he could tell i had been cryin..RATS!!, but the sincere look of compassion and concern for me in his told me everything that i'd ever need to know about this gentleman.....he wasn't what you'd call handsome...but anybody foolish enough to pass him by because of looks..IMHO lost out on a pure gold mine for lack of a better term.....this gentleman was all heart and soul.....and anybody who just looked at his exterior was a huge loser IMHO......
Looks ain't everything..I've seen crazy, mean,ugly..wrapped in some pretty good wrappers spanning across both genders.....their a dime a dozen...if you want to find real love ,happiness,kindness, compassion...then you need to take the time to get to know a person and see who's worth the time and trouble to get to know.....
JUst my 2 centavos..LOL
my best to you EGG
Missplaced..

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#3 face pirate

face pirate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Men judge women based on looks. Women judge men based on status ($$$). (somehow it wouldnt let me quote that :thumbsup: )

But thats only when they dont really love each other. If you find a hot girl, get to know her. you might just end up in love, not with their looks or social status but with who you are.
sounds mushy but its true :flowers:

Besides, since when do you have to believe everything you see on tv?
Posted Image

Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

#4 CHUPACABRA HUNTER

CHUPACABRA HUNTER

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hmmm... Well, I am not sure its a matter of wrong or right or just plain choice, but coming from a pysch field I am a little familiar with research that discusses this same issue brought up. Since I tend to lean toward "evolutionary biology" and I believe we are all hard wired to seek out our strongest mates for evolutionary success (just my humble opinion)..I think this is especially important in the beginning of a relationship, during our 20's, and during crucial times - females biological clock ticking, menopause, etc. etc...
I think females tend to look for men who are strong, good providers, who will ensure the success of her offspring..men tend to look for attractive YOUNG females who are able provide them with strong offspring... (think about how its sometimes common to see younger females with jerks who are mean, may cheat, degrade them, and think of nice guys who are with attractive females but have no personality or are complete Bi!@#'s... -every wonder why that is??? )

Now, here is when ethics, morals, etc can come into play....at some point people CHOOSE who they are going to be paired with...the initial attraction usually is LOOKS, SEX, MONEY, STATUS, etc, etc....but after some time when these inital attractive factors wear off, SOMETHING else has to come into play! Thats when I believe, you get down to the true portion of a relationship - love, committment, fortitude, the ability to work on a relationship day in and day out no matter how hard it gets...(and it can get hard)... Yes, I believe in initial phase of romance/sex/courtship, biology/evolution/pheromones, etc play a huge part but what keeps people together is their ability to be, 1. Commonality (yes opposites attract, but you must have enough in common to stay together); 2. Mutual Values, Belief Systems, etc, 3., Strong personality factors such as the coping skills, how you handle conflict, fortitude, honesty, integrity, etc etc, 4. Future goals, accomplishments, etc..

So, don't be too jaded by what you saw on tv - just think of it like this, there has to be something that causes initial attraction, but afterwards its a matter of what you put into it... Not to mention, there will always be shallow, egotistical, narcissistic people to avoid...just remember not EVERYONE is like that...

Here are some interesting reads... (maybe??)..

http://www.livescience.com/health/080410-couples-beauty.html

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/040208marriage...venessstudy.pdf

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...81217123825.htm

http://www.sirc.org/publik/mirror.html
"If you only knew the magnificence of the three, the six & the nine... then you would have a key to the universe." Nikola Tesla

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." Bear Bryant.

Posted Image

#5 God Mode

God Mode

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

TheEgg, I've noticed that this is usually only true when, as face pirate said, when they don't actually love each other.

The guy I'm dating now is so freaked out that I'm going to leave him for "someone better" since he's from one of the poorer countries and I'm Canadian.
But I love the guy, and where he's from and how much money he makes is irrelevant to me.

Looks and money, the way i see it, only seem to go as far as sex.
Guys want a pretty girl to have sex with, girls want a rich guy to have sex with and odds are, it's because she'll get paid good for her services if she's good at what she does.
And sex for humans now days is more along the lines of pleasure, rather than having kids.
It's a contest to see who can have the most sex, and who has sex with the prettiest girl/hottest guy.
(keep in mind, this is coming from a high schooler's point of view)

#6 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Men do not judge women based upon looks. From my experience, the more attractive a woman is the more shallow they are. The model quality ones are the most shallow of all. I judge women based upon who they are and how they treat others.

Most women do judge based upon money though. They judge men and other women that way. It's some sort of internal competition thing driven by their genetics and hormones. They also judge based upon looks and appearance, which can be influenced by money.

I agree with what TheEgg stated about relationships and people that are opposites. I am still in the middle of a divorce with a woman that I was with for 10 years (not married for all of that though). She was the complete opposite of me. I prefer to save money, she prefers to spend every penny. I prefer to teach our child to value having less, she prefers to spoil our child. It just went on and on for years until I couldn't take it and left. Not sure if I can undo any of the negative traits that she has taught our child though.

So if you are in a relationship you should have more things in common than not. Oh, I am also a misogamist so marriage is one thing I will never believe in ever again.

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Men do not judge women based upon looks. From my experience, the more attractive a woman is the more shallow they are.

You just judged women based upon looks :thumbsup:

Edited by Budapest, 07 October 2010 - 04:36 PM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Joombaga

Joombaga

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

Is it wrong? No. You don't violate someone's rights when you judge them.

#9 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

"You just judged women based upon looks." -Budapest

That wasn't my meaning but if you want to twist it that way...whatever floats your boat of interpretation.

I mean to say that if a woman isn't a swimsuit model then I am not going to think lesser of her. All women are equal regardless of hair color, breast size or dress size. Does that help you out a bit?

#10 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

I have found,many but not all attractive women tend to think more highly of themselves than someone less attractive.Which in turn can make them more bossy and high maintenance.They expect more of you because they think they are doing you a favour going out with you.That said,a lot of these women have been out with many men and have had many partners.

A normal Woman is usually more down to earth.Not as vain and a lot easier to get on with.You should look at a person as a whole.If you just go for looks you will miss many great personalities.

What would you rather have,a woman that looks a million dollars but treats you with less respect than a pet dog or a average woman that makes you laugh,is a great cook and makes you feel happy.

But not only that,who told you Mr.that you are God,s gift to Women.Take a look in the Mirror some time.

#11 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

cod head, I must admit your last statement made me :thumbsup: :flowers:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#12 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

"I have found,many but not all attractive women tend to think more highly of themselves than someone less attractive.Which in turn can make them more bossy and high maintenance.They expect more of you because they think they are doing you a favour going out with you.That said,a lot of these women have been out with many men and have had many partners.

A normal Woman is usually more down to earth.Not as vain and a lot easier to get on with.You should look at a person as a whole.If you just go for looks you will miss many great personalities.

What would you rather have,a woman that looks a million dollars but treats you with less respect than a pet dog or a average woman that makes you laugh,is a great cook and makes you feel happy."-cod head

I agree completely. That's what I meant earlier. :thumbsup:

#13 Joombaga

Joombaga

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

That's definitely a judgement based on looks. How is a "twist" needed to interpret it that way?

#14 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

I already stated why and clarified what I meant.

#15 Memimi

Memimi

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:14 AM

Almost everyone would like to say they never judge people based on look or status but almost everyone does even if they don't want or mean to. With that said, it really is a sad thing. By worrying about looks and status you miss out on meeting and getting to know a lot of amazing people. People who do judge people and don't care always seem to come up with reasons like "If a girl is overweight it just means she doesn't take care of herself." or "If a girl isn't good looking she probably is unconfident and has self esteem issues." Or on the other side "If a man is unemployed he is lazy or has no drive." While those are sometimes true... there is always an exception to every generalization.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users