Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivirus gt black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kennyking0810

kennyking0810

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hi,
A few hours ago I was infected with Antivirus GT on my acer aspire 5741. I recieved the pop-ups advising that your computer was infected with all sorts of malware and spyware and that you should fix the problem. Well unfortunately I fell for it and now my computer has been taken over. It started with the continuous pop-ups, especially when using the internet browser. Now here is where I'm confused. I dont recall what screen showed up, but my computer automatically rebooted. I dont know if this was due to an automatic windows update or what it was. Now when I go to start up my computer, I get a black screen with a white curser at the top left corner. The black screen comes up directly after the acer startup screen. Windows will not even attempt to load. Also, once the black screen appears I cannot do anything and that includes going into safe mode. F8 does not work and I cannot even get a response when I try Ctrl-Alt-Del. Everything that I have previously read states that my problem seems to be a windows issue but this occured directly after I was infected with Antivirus GT. I forgot to add that I am running windows 7 home edition. Any help with this is grealty appreciated. Thank You.

Ken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 washpc

washpc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

Its pretty weird but here is what I had to do in order to get past this black screen issue. I had to physically remove the hard drive from the computer and hook it up to another computer through a docking station (I'm guessing that you could also hook it up as a slave). From there, I was able to run Avast! scans and Malwarebytes scans until I came back with 0 infections. Just put the hard drive back in the original computer and you should be able to boot into windows now. It seems like a lot of work but i promise you, it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users