Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sansa SanDisk 4.0GB model e260v2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

boy, it is NOT my week!!! first, the same malware that arrived on my PC this past spring is now back! and I think it's my daughter's web surfing that brings it.....and I've got a topic out there for help yet again.

and about an hour ago I was listening to my favorite radio program when it just stopped in the middle of a song!! figured I needed to recharge the battery again. but it will not turn back on nor will it respond to my plugging it in to recharge it. I want my mommy :flowers:

Does anyone know how to fix this darn thing?? Or is it time for a new one? I bought it 2 years ago almost exactly. surely that's not all the life it has!!

any help is greatly appreciated.....heavy sigh.....oh, one other thing. that model number is very tiny and the "e" might be an "a". It's hard to read and I don't know where I put the booklet for it.

thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

hmmmm, okay my week is getting better now ;) I previously tried plugging the charger into a desktop with Vista and my work laptop that has XP..........and it did not register. Nothing happened. No lights, no nothing. so, I just was reading the next topic down about MP3 player issues and plugging into a PC with Vista wasn't working. so I had this "brilliant" idea of plugging it into my netbook and VOILA!!! it is now charging!!!

so....never mind. sorry to bother you all......back to your regularly scheduled days :thumbsup:

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

so....never mind. sorry to bother you all......back to your regularly scheduled days :thumbsup:

You have not bothered us in any way we are happy that you posted your question and I am very happy that you posted that you got it to work or found a solution so that it may help others in the future! :flowers:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

actually.....it just started on its own after being apparently "dead" for about 30 minutes. very strange if you ask me! I guess if one thing doesn't work, go on to the next thing? in this case, I tried 3 different PCs to hook my player into and the third time was the charm!! it was three different operating systems too, from Vista to XP to Windows 7 and Windows 7 did the trick.

shucks, I got all excited when I saw a reply from bleepingcomputer.com in my inbox. Alas, still waiting for help on my older PC that should probably be replaced now.....nothing but trouble this year!!

but 'tis okay, I am used to waiting :D Thanks for your nice note :thumbsup:

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

Your malware topic should get a reply soon the waiting period is quite long at the moment and should start to get better as winter approaches (in the USA of course). :thumbsup: And you are welcome for that note! :flowers:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users