Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jo R

Jo R

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

I tried using the uninstall option on my computer in Add/Remove programs but the removal qill get stuck midway through the uninstall process and won't finish up. My computer is using a 64 bit system and Windows 7. I was hoping somebody could guide me throuh a manual uninstallation or maybe help me find out why my computer won't let me uninstall.

Thank You,
Joaquin Royo

Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 September 2010 - 11:58 PM.
Move to Other Applications from Mini-Guides. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

i would try to uninstall in safe mode http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

or you can try this http://www.revouninstaller.com/

#3 Whonoze

Whonoze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I recommend typing "uninstall Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional" in your search bar (I used Google).

The first listed and some subsequent show kb2.adobe.com as start of URL. Regardless there are 3 or 4 detailed explanations.

If available, download and use their uninstaller - Adobe often leaves things scattered in your system if you use Add/Remove.

If you read these carefully, there is a chance you may have to do some manual work. I haven't done that on 8 pro but have done it on earlier
Reader, Acrobat free versions, and after running uninstall, I ran Search for Adobe name, Acrobat name and found the trash that was still there.

I'm not techie, but this is what I've done and it is what one ends up doing, say, if you have alert from Secunia which I now rely on to check if Adobe security is a problem.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

I was just interested to know the exact version. As AA8 should not even install. It is incompatible with 64 bit since Xp 64.

You may need to update to Acrobat 8.1 which was for Vista and see if it will uninstall then

Again as mentioned contact support
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users