Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost connection in normal mode, works fine in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1201

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

UPDATED: I thought I had a solution (deleting Nero 10) but that turned out to be untrue, so the problem is still current.

Hi all,

I have a desktop computer with windows 7 (64). Since yesterday, at start up, it briefly connects to the internet for minute or so and then it can't find any servers (in Chrome and IE). Other hardware (laptop etc) on the router also lose their connection.

To eliminate a number of possible causes I have the desktop computer now plugged straight into the modem. So far I have eliminated:

- cable problem, as my laptop connects fine with the same cable
- networking card hardware problem, as connection with a wireless dongle gives the exact same problem
- provider problem (since my laptop has no issues)
- firewall problems (turned off for now)
- Anti Virus software problems: Microsoft Security Essentials Real Time protection turned off for now

The weird thing: in 'Safe Mode with networking' the connection is and stays perfectly healthy. Which leads me to believe that some driver loaded in 'Normal mode' is doing this, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Anyone?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Edited by 1201, 16 September 2010 - 07:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users