I have a desktop computer with windows 7 (64). Since yesterday, at start up, it briefly connects to the internet for minute or so and then it can't find any servers (in Chrome and IE). Other hardware (laptop etc) on the router also lose their connection.
To eliminate a number of possible causes I have the desktop computer now plugged straight into the modem. So far I have eliminated:
- cable problem, as my laptop connects fine with the same cable
- networking card hardware problem, as connection with a wireless dongle gives the exact same problem
- provider problem (since my laptop has no issues)
- firewall problems (turned off for now)
- Anti Virus software problems: Microsoft Security Essentials Real Time protection turned off for now
The weird thing: in 'Safe Mode with networking' the connection is and stays perfectly healthy. Which leads me to believe that some driver loaded in 'Normal mode' is doing this, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Any feedback is much appreciated!
Edited by 1201, 16 September 2010 - 07:45 AM.