Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GMER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 nobod

nobod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

gmer
When i download GMER it shows C:windows\system32\config, The system cannot find the file specified. I click OK. it then comes up with the scan window, when i select scan it comes up with C:windows\system32\config\system The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. On the r\h side Services, Registry, Files, C:\ and ADS are the only things with a tick by them. It will scan but just shows a blank screen and a box saying GMER has'nt found any modifacations.
What do i send with the other 3 reports because this ones just blank. your help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hi nobod, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you have a 64bit system, GMER's behaviour is normal (it's not compatible with 64bit systems)... Please post the DDS logfile, as instructed in the Preparation Guide...
Posted Image
snemelk.hekko.pl - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

#3 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, just send me a PM (Send message from my profile) with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image
snemelk.hekko.pl - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users