Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urget! Help NEEDED! booting failure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 5thForce

5thForce

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

First, PLEASE FIND .txt ATTACHMENT for My PC INFO

PROBLEM:
1. my problem is when I Click on "restart" in my Pc (Or Automatic restart/shut down/Hibernate), After restarting my screen shows nothing and message displayed "NO SIGNAL DETECTED" on my monitor screen and everything goes black

2. CPU is showing its process, Fan is also working but there is nothing display on monitor screen

3. Now I have to close/stop my UPS directly and then main switch off my PC plug (to stop PC/power supply completely)

4. Now After all these, My PC is able to start only and only after 45-60 minutes I have been facing this problem for last 4-5 months

now recently I got Error called "MBR ERROR 3" but after formatting my C drive it went away

PLEASE HELP

Attached Files

• Attached File  INFO.TXT   7.38KB   10 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 16 September 2010 - 08:25 AM.
Reduced font size ~ Hamluis.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

Although the info provided may be useful...it would be more useful (IMO) to know the manufacturer and model of this system...and whether it's a laptop or desktop.

If custom/self-built...motherboard manufacturer and model?

If "name brand" system...did you check the manufacturer's website...for troubleshooting steps you might take...for this model system?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

In one of your previous posts you mention that this is a custom build. This at least tells me that it most likely is a desktop computer.

When was the last time you opened the case and cleaned out the inside, especially the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU?

Overheating can cause this type of problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

In one of your previous posts you mention that this is a custom build. This at least tells me that it most likely is a desktop computer.

When was the last time you opened the case and cleaned out the inside, especially the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU?

Overheating can cause this type of problem.

it is desktop pc...
I have opened the CASE ,many times but never cleaned out the inside....i know where is the fn located in cpu?but what is HEAT SINK..how to clean out it

plz plz reply
Posted Image

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

The heat sink and fan assembly is on the motherboard, this it the large board which all of the components, RAM, CPU, PCI and PCI-E, cards plug in.

If you see a build up of dust in this fan and heat sink, purchase some "canned" air and blow it out.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:22 AM

The heat sink and fan assembly is on the motherboard, this it the large board which all of the components, RAM, CPU, PCI and PCI-E, cards plug in.

If you see a build up of dust in this fan and heat sink, purchase some "canned" air and blow it out.

I did all these stuff but the problem is still there......

do you think this problem is exist because of CMOS battery failure

PLEASE REPLY
Posted Image

#7 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:00 AM

I HAVE CHECKED MY RAM in other pc ...it is working perfectly and I have also replaced CMO battery.....but still problem exist
Posted Image

#8 5thForce

5thForce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

okay...problem has been solved......
I had installed dial up modem(hardware)..which is not working and it causes booting failure...i removed it from my CPU and now everything is fine
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users