Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor Infection - black screen in normal mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 jplalor

jplalor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

Hi,

I have an anitmalware doctor infection on my other laptop (I was going to buy a new one anyway and the infection has rendered my laptop completely inoperable right now!).

I can start in safe mode, but after approx 10s in normal mode, I go straight to black screen.

I have tried downloading malware bytes and the other one endlessly advertised on here, which I can't recall the name of, and I have run them in safe mode, but the black screen comes on as soon as I start in normal mode.

I have read all the things to do before posting, but I am not sure which ones to do as they don't talk about safe mode and black screens...

I would really appreciate help. That laptop runs windows vista. Exactly what happens now is that when I turn my computer on in normal mode, I can log on, then within 10-20s the screen goes completely black. Ctrl+Alt+Del does not work, I can't see a cursor, no error message, nothing, but the hard drive still runs.

Thanks in advance,

Jae

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

• Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

• Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.

Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.

Thanks thumbup2.gif
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

This topic has been closed.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image

#4 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Reopened at user's request

-----------------------------------------

Hi,

I have a few questions for you which will decide how we tackle this.

Do you have the Vista disks?

Can you also tell me what this program was here :
the other one endlessly advertised on here
as Bleeping Computer doesn't advertise any programs.

Do you think you could run a few quick programs before the PC shuts down?
Posted Image

#5 jplalor

jplalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Oh sorry for vagueness. Spyware Doctor I believe it was called.

I don't have vista disks I don't believe, short of them being in storage somewhere.

I have managed to run rkill before it goes black (doesn't actually shut down) but that doesn't seem to stop it from doing that. Uninstall has also been disabled in safe mode now.

As it happens, after trying all the things on the bleeping computer instructions and it not helping, I tried to download and install my internet providers security package which of course didn't work - but it did stop rkill from working, which was really annoying, so I spoke to their help desk for 3 hours, during which time they made me restart my computer so many times that I lost the operating system (as in the black screen started appearing). I convinced them yesterday to send out someone to fix it free of charge, and they are coming today. Would you be able to advise me whether you think my files (mostly pictures!) will be recoverable? Otherwise, I am sure there are heaps of other people who need your help. Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my query. You are a really good person!

#6 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

What you can recover will depend on how they fix the problem.

Let me know what happens and what they did to fix the problem. Again, this will tell me how to proceed if we need to.

The topic will stay open for five days, PM me after that if you wish. smile.gif
Posted Image

#7 jplalor

jplalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Yep, will do. Thanks again.

#8 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this topic has been closed. Glad we could help. smile.gif

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users