Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to wireless network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 *peter79*

*peter79*

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

I recently had a new motherboard & hard drive put into my PC, and since then I cannot connect to the wireless network.

Have tried setting up a new wireless connection in "network places", but can't see it after I set it up.

Tried managing the wireless connection using Windows Wireless Zero Configurations (which is started and set to automatic), but I can't find it.

Also I tried downloading the drivers for the D-Link USB Dongle DWL-G122, but they're not working.

The device manager shows:
-Network Adapters
--Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
-Other devices [THIS HAS A YELLOW EXCLAMATION MARK]
--802.11 bg WLAN [THIS HAS A YELLOW EXCLAMATION MARK]

Could anybody help with this? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

System specs:
HP Pavilion PC
AMD Sempron 140 Processor
2.71 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM
XP Pro Version 2002, SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Your problem is the yellow flag on your 802.11 bg WLAN network adapter. If you double click on the adapter or select properties for it whatdoes it say about it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users