Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two trojans in Eudora email archive, cant remove

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pj48

pj48

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

I have several years, and approximately 25000 email messages backed up in my Eudora archive. I am using the latest public version of the program available here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eudora_Releases

Even though I use mailwasher to pre-sort and check all of my imcoming mail, there are two trojans that I can not remove from the Eudora email archive. Kapersky detected them as trojan-spy-html-fraud-gen and trojan-downloader js.pegel. The lastet scan found four instances of each, and it is not possible to automatically remove them (it will delete the archive), find them by date, or search and find them in the archive by address or subject.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Have already ran Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware on full scans, still cant remove it.

Edited by pj48, 15 September 2010 - 06:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pj48

pj48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

Still running a full Kapersky virus scan. Was able to delete one of the Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen entries, was a press release from a sports league that contanied a PDF file.

First attempt at clearing archives with kapersky deleted two big email archives. Was able to restore them with .wdseml data and the ImportExportTools plugin, but it deleted all of the attachments in the process. Only had mailed backed up till around January, but the possibility of trojan via attachment is not there anymore.

Three of those Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen entries still remain, as well as:
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Pegel.bm
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Pegel.bc
Trojan-Downloader.JS.Pegel.bc

Edited by pj48, 15 September 2010 - 07:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users