Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ipod problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wantone

wantone

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

hi could some one help ive a problem with an ipod nano 3rd gen
ive just bought it second hand from a friend, but its not registering in "my computer" or "itunes" when i plug it in via the usb cable on my pc
it works ok on other laptops ive tried it on, so the ipod works ok... the lead is ok as ive tried other ipods we own on my pc and they work ok with the nano lead. ive looked at the apple site and have gone through the trouble shootin section resetting the ipod, re installing itunes etc but nothing seems to help also tried converting the ipod to disc format to see if it showed up in "my computer" but it did'nt.
must be something simple if it works on other pc's but not mine and my pc works fine with the other ipods we own
can anyone help?

ian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Your computer may have a problem with that particular USB port you are trying to use, do you have other USB ports you can try?

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 15 September 2010 - 10:24 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 wantone

wantone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

hi, mrbruce1959 thanks for your reply. sorry should have add'ed that info... i think the port is fine as ive tried other devices in the same port and they work ok ive also tried the problem ipod in differant ports on the pc with no luck.. im useing windows XP

#4 wantone

wantone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:13 AM

still need help please

sorry for the bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users