Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP L2045w Resolution Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shadow6697

Shadow6697

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

Okay, so I booted up my computer today and it was in 1600x1024, while also being a bit blurred and I was wondering why. So I right click > Screen resolution, native resolution is not there. So I open up nVidia control panel and 1680x1050 is still not there. So I go to custom and add the resolution (even though it should already be there because 1680x1050 is native, it also doesn't say native or anything next to it either), and apply it, the blurred text goes away, and its correct, except for one thing. That one thing being a black bar across the top of my monitor that is about 2cm long. When I try to change the screen position in nVidia control panel, it will raise, but that black bar won't. So pretty much things just go "inside" of it. I was wondering if anyone here could help me. It would be greatly appreciated as I can't log on to HP forums.

edit

I've tried updating my GFX card drivers and rebooting as well. This all happened after Windows Update installed the following:

Security Update
WMalicousSWT Sept 2010
IE8 Update (I don't even use it)
and a Windows Defender update.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with a 8400GS card. Any help?

Edited by Shadow6697, 15 September 2010 - 04:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I see you tried using both Nividia's video screen size settings and Windows screen size settings with no joy.

The one thing I have noticed when I change some resolution settings in Windows, is I sometimes have to change the monitors settings as well.

This means hitting the MENU button on my monitor and changing the height and width of my monitor's screen.

I am just curious if you have tried this to get rid of this bar at the top of your video screen you speak of?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users