Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Connect Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zeaun

zeaun

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hi, I am asking for help because I attached my 1GB Star Trek Flash Drive (Black Wristband) to my computer and I was working fine but then when I disconnected it to use it on another computer I would not recognized the device. I tried to reinstall the driver but to no avail and I did an update still with no luck. I also tried it on other computers and still would not read the flash drive. My system is Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Version 2002 with SP3 Toshiba Portege Mobile Intel ® Pentium ® III CPU-M 1333 MHz 1.33 GHz 752 mb of RAM. Is there a way that I can get the files back or at least get the computer to recognize the flash drive long enough to access the files to transfer them to the computer hard drive so I could copy them to another flash drive stick. :huh: I did not to a back up for the flash drive stick :thumbsup:
Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

Does the device have any light on it indicating that it is getting power or that the drive is being accessed?

Edited by Eyesee, 15 September 2010 - 05:44 PM.

In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 zeaun

zeaun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

No- I can use other usb flash drives but this particular one does not work

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:20 PM

You may have a bad drive
You might try spritzing the USB connector on the drive with a little compressed air in case it has some dirt or something inside it
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 zeaun

zeaun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

ok I will try that thanks-if you can find another way please let me know dank-o :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users