Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing myself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 painterh52

painterh52

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hello to all. By way of introduction, I would like to say greetings from Painterh52. I am a not-so-spry 58 year old, disabled, former painting contractor turned geek wannabe. Computers are my hobby. I have only been around computers since '94', however in that time I have spent countless hours learning. I have built 3 computers from scratch (2 overclocked, 1 not, and all are still working). I think I have a pretty good overall knowledge of Windows XP, and networking (from managing my own home network with 5 computers running 3 different OSs). I Currently dualboot my laptop using 'Ultimate Edition 2.7' (an Ubuntu incantation) or windows Vista. I also dualboot my desktop using 'Ultimate Edition 2.5' or Windows XP. I have experimented with many different operating systems including pre-release version of Windows 7, and many different Linux Distros. This experience also makes me the family tech support guy, which means spending countless hours on forums such as this one, so I can be the hero at home (not really). In recent months, I have googled many Tech questions regarding Windows and Linux and have gotten more and more results leading me here. I have also found the tone, courtesy, and wealth of knowledge of the help provided here to to be of very high caliber. So I decided I should become a member and introduce myself. That's me in a nutshell. Again, greetings to all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users