Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

compatible gfx for dell inspiron

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ankur16

ankur16

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

hi,
I am planning to buy a Dell™ Inspiron 15R New Laptop T540903IN8.But it comes with INTEL HD graphics.I want to add an extra card to it so as to increase its performance.
Please suggest me few compatible cards.

And I would also like to ask

1)How is the performance of intel HD graphics.Considering the fact,I want good performance from windows 7 (aero theme) and just basic gaming.

2)How much is the video memory of this intel card,that comes with this model.It have i3 processor.

I am not versed in hardware,and hope all my questions would be answered.Thanks

Edited by ankur16, 15 September 2010 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Unfortunately, as this is a laptop, the video can not be upgraded. Laptops do not have any expasion slots to accomodate a new video card
The intel graphcis isnt bad so long as you are not planning on doing any high end gaming.
It uses system ram and does not have any onboard as it is integrated.
You can go into the system BIOS on startup and allocate more memory to the video if you need to

Hope this helps
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 ankur16

ankur16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for replying.

This is disappointing.Anyways, as this card comes with i3, would there be a issue with that ?I have heard that performance of this card depends on the processor it comes with.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:18 AM

The Intel GMA 4500 IGP is a integrated chip on the motherboard, not a dedicated graphics card.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users