Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Applying Computer Settings" slow login

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 acepump

acepump

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi all !!,

I have just joined Bleeping Computer and I need your help with an issue. Since aproximately two weeks ago two computers in the LAN (one first, second started acting out just yesterday) take 15+ minutes to join the domain with the "Applying computer settings" message at the screen.
My network is very simple: 1 Domain controller, 1 Citrix box, 1 Application server, and 30 desktop PCs in premises in the LAN, and 6 remote computers connected through the Citrix box. All wired connections, no laptops.
Nothing unusual in IPCONFIG /all
No malware reported.
Startup programs set up as the minimum necessary. Unchecked all unnecesary ones.
Common things between the troubled two:
McAfee Security Center as antivirus
An Authentication TAB in Local Area Connection's properties with Enable IEEE 802.1x checked and "Authenticate as computers ..." checked.
No particular group memberships for the users of the two troubled PCs. In fact iwhen the same users log in using another PC, the login process works fine.
My head is almost exploding with all the things I have read.
Could you please help me ????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

Worth A Read...

Louis

#3 acepump

acepump
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Thank you Louis, I have read it and will give it a try. I'll let you know. Thank you !!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

Let us know...

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users