Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Pad doesn't get detected!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

So the problem I have now is that whenever I connect my Gaming Pad into my USB port to play multiplayer(mostly FIFA), it doesn't get detected. Each time I plug it into any of my 6 USB ports, Windows says that it doesn't recognize the device. This problem started happening not too many days ago. Before, it used to work fine. I have tried inserting other USB devices(like my internet router) into my USB ports and they all work fine. So I guess its not a problem with my USB ports.

The Gaming Pad is still in warranty. So I went to the person who sold it to me, and there it worked fine on his computer.

Please help.
Thanks a lot in advance. :thumbsup:
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockmilk

rockmilk

• Banned
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

try a system restore to a point when it was working http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...asked-questions

Let me knowif this solves the issue

:thumbsup:

#3 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

I don't have a system restore point that early. I deleted them with ccleaner. Thanks.
Is there any other way to solve this problem?
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

The USB ports can be finicky at times. The part of the registry that controls the power on/off is the selective suspend. If it doesn't recognize the device as being active it won't turn the power on for that bus.

One way to try to restore this is to open the Device Manager and right click on the first item in the menu in the pane to the right and select Scan for Hardware changes to force a bus reset.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

I right clicked on 'My Computer' and did as you said.
However, the same message still appears. :thumbsup:

Any other way?
Thanks for the help so far. :huh:
SYSTEM SPECS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users