Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys at PC boot won't remember correct passcode for wireless connectivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kashyyyk

Kashyyyk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

I have a simple problem that I am tired of wasting time solving when I know it's probably an easy fix for someone that knows what they are doing. I had to change my Linksys wireless router passcode to allow my Wii access to it. (I originally had a symbol in my passcode, and the Wii does not allow you to select those). So, unfortunately now that I have changed my passcode, my PC running windows Vista home basic will not remember this passcode as the default. When I turn my computer on, the wireless is not recognized. I can go through the manual steps of "searching for a wireless connection," then when I select Linksys to connect it allows me to "find problem," then when it says manually enter code, I can enter the correct code overtop of the old one, and I get connected. But, I have to do this every time. In some way, I know I can replace the old default code with my new one permanently, but how? I have spent time trying to reboot and restart the router, and go through the linksys software stuff, but I'm obviously on the wrong track, caused it aint sticking. I'm fairly savvy with computers so I will understand instructions well. I will greatly appreciate any help that will solve this problem.

I can connect with a wired connection of course, but it's unsightly and cumbersome. I want my wireless all the time without frustration. Thanks!

-Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

manage your wireless networks on your computer - delete the old profile you saved for your wireless and then re-connect to it and type in the password, it will ask u if you want to save this connection, hit yes
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 Kashyyyk

Kashyyyk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Thank You! Feel gratified today that you have made someone's life better!

Sincerely,
David

(I knew it owuld be easier finding someone who knew exactly what to do)

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

You are very Welcome, David!

:thumbsup:
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users