Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something accessing USB driver

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dementedsnake

dementedsnake

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

Long story short, I just came back to my computer (which was locked and had the monitor off) to see the little light on my USB drive flashing like it was in the sea and trying not to drown. So I enter my password at the lock screen and as soon as my desktop shows up, my USB drive stops flashing. I don't have any programs running that would need access to my USB driver. Just typing this, I've haven't seen it blink once.

Also, I can disconnect from my wireless router and lock my computer, but every time I unlock my computer I find that it's reconnected itself to the Internet at some point while being locked. I have to completely turn off my computer's modem/wireless adapter if I want to stay disconnected while I'm away.

Are either of these a problem, and if they are, could these be related?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

If I left any important details out, let me know.

Also, I don't want to pile on issues but I just ignored these things for a while. For whatever reason, when I start Windows a command prompt (sometimes) flashes for the briefest amount of time and conhost.exe is (always) running. Is this normal? What would the command prompt be called on every boot?

And yes, I noticed I accidentally wrote "driver" in the title.

Edited by dementedsnake, 15 September 2010 - 08:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users