Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search redirecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bloodmage0

bloodmage0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hai everyone and nice to meet you all. I'm new to this forum so please takes good care of me :3. To the point today i have a problem. Once in a while when i click a google link, I get redirected to another site. A simple back and reloading the link brings me to the correct site but i realized that something was behind it and i might as well get rid of it on the safe side. After scanning my pc on quick scans on: Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes, Avast, Iobit360, and Advance Systemcare... I got nothing. I have read on this and other forums that there are a bunch of people with this problem but it seems that every user has their own individual fix. My guess is a rootkit? though I am not realy familiar on those x.x. Of course i run Windows Xp on service Pack 3. Please helps me with my problems and thank you very much :3. Ill be gladly to supply anymore information if needed on my computer.

Edited by hamluis, 15 September 2010 - 06:40 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Newalan

Newalan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

I am new to this Forum too and only here to say thank you guys.

After days of trying to remove a nasty malware I came across a forum who pointed me to your site in order to download and run the ComboFix.

Prior to that I had tried 3-4 different software and none woked, but ComboFix dit it for me, Thank you.

Alan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users