Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

diagnostics policy service / error 5 hellish unsolvable problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HTiger

HTiger

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

I've gone through where I bought the computer, my college's network department, all over the internet and with a Microsoft service representative. This seemingly simple network error is literally unsolvable. Every single person has told me to reinstall windows. All it says is that the Diagnostics Policy Service is not running whenever I try to troubleshoot why computer can't pick up any signals. The ironic part is even though I believe the drivers are fine, some have advised to reinstall the drivers -- but the download site for the drivers is not responding!

I am posting from an alternate computer. I am on campus and I literally never have problems with my laptop at home. Please save me from a reinstallation -- does ANYONE IN THE WORLD know how to fix this diagnositcs policy service problem? I've read loads of "solutions", but none of them work. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

No answer...but worth reading, IMO: Error 5, Access Is Denied.

Louis

#3 HTiger

HTiger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I will try out some of those solutions (the ones I have not tried / looked into). Is this problem literally unsolvable? Isn't there a way to tell what particular solution I should use for my particular computer's circumstance? Would a HiJackThis log help?

I'm going to do a Repair Install if I can't figure anything out -- I did not realize that this was an option.

Edited by HTiger, 16 September 2010 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users