Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Not Playing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 incubusfu

incubusfu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:53 AM

When i try to play a video in any player i have it just slows the computer down to were i cant do anything else and will not play, ive downloaded codecs and reinstalled everything and i still cannot get it to work, someone please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:56 AM

:thumbsup: to BC incubusfu.

To make it easier for people to help you, you need to give us some information about your system such as CPU type, RAM capacity, hard drive make and size, graphics card type, what version of windows, what anti-virus or anti-spyware you have, what video player you have etc. If you look at my signature you'll get the idea.
:flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 incubusfu

incubusfu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:21 AM

:thumbsup: to BC incubusfu.

To make it easier for people to help you, you need to give us some information about your system such as CPU type, RAM capacity, hard drive make and size, graphics card type, what version of windows, what anti-virus or anti-spyware you have, what video player you have etc. If you look at my signature you'll get the idea.
:flowers:

NVidia, AMD athlon 64 3200 2.2ghz, 1024 MB ram, geforce 6600 gt, windows xp pro SP2,avast antivirus, i have WMP, quicktime, realplayer, and WMP classic, none work

Edited by incubusfu, 10 November 2005 - 04:22 AM.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:31 AM

How much free space do you have on the hard drive? Have you defragged it recently?
Does the PC actually freeze when you play videos or just run s-l-o-w?
When you do Ctrl+Alt+Del what processes are taking up CPU time?

Edited by Rimmer, 10 November 2005 - 04:32 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 incubusfu

incubusfu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:36 AM

How much free space do you have on the hard drive? Have you defragged it recently?
Does the PC actually freeze when you play videos or just run s-l-o-w?
When you do Ctrl+Alt+Del what processes are taking up CPU time?

im defragging now, it just goes really slow, i didnt check to see what was taking up time

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:04 AM

I fail to understand why some people come to this board for help and then give uncommunicative, unresponsive, unhelpful replies to those who try to help them. It does happen.
It's hardly going to encourage people to spend their time on your problem, don't you think?

#7 incubusfu

incubusfu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

I fail to understand why some people come to this board for help and then give uncommunicative, unresponsive, unhelpful replies to those who try to help them. It does happen.
It's hardly going to encourage people to spend their time on your problem, don't you think?

i defragged and it didnt help, i opened the video in realplayer and it did the same thing, when i hit crt alt del it said that realplayer was not responding and it was taking up 96-99 of the memory, the same thing happens in any player

Edited by incubusfu, 10 November 2005 - 05:54 AM.

#8 rawbow

rawbow

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

Do you have Media Center Edition on your system also? I have a similiar hardware and software config and can only play videos via the installed Media Center Edition. When attempting to play videos, streaming or any other format, using Real Player, Windows Media Player and even Irfanview I get audio only and no video. However, with Media Center Edition the video file plays correctly. Since I cannot access streaming videos with Media Center Edition, that is the only function I am without.
Hope this helps.
Rawbow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users