Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Securty Suite Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mntanakd

mntanakd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

Sister In law has HP machine running Win XP Home edition. Started getting security pop ups,Bmctl.exe,Csi.exe,Disctreamhub.exe,Win32/nugel.exe and wauclt.exe when you try to open system applications like taskmanager, regedit etc. Also at one point it I think AVG 9.0 said it had found Trojan Dropper. Installed and ran Malwarebytes and it found a few items and removed but now still get the popups. Rerun malwarebytes and it comes back stating no malicious files found but still get popups and no internet connectivity. I goggled error codes and tried to manually remove but cant find what was asked to look for in search and registry entries.
She had a simular incident about 2 months back and malwarebytes fixed it then but not now. I did run Hijack this and have results if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. She is a heavy ebay seller and this has put her for now out of business.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users