Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone vs Android vs WM7 vs Others

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: iPhone vs Android vs WM7 vs Others (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Choices

1. iPhone (7 votes [20.59%])

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

2. Android (Any) (22 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

3. WM7 (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. Others (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stocker

Stocker

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Which one would you prefer? Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

I'm all for Android. Not so much for what it is now but what it has the potential to become.
for3ver,
goose90proof

#3 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

Technically, WM7 does not exist, it's Windows Phone 7 and it's important to remember that it hasn't actually been released yet. We, therefore, can only see what it looks like and how it runs using some demos.

I suppose you could also have included Windows Mobile 6.x (though I doubt that'd get many votes).

My vote is going to Android for the moment.

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#4 The Lynx

The Lynx

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Call me old school........ but still prefer Symbian OS. Its practical, flexible and always reliable, although not as fast......

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Android. iOS is too controlled, WP6 was bad, WP7 will be worse but WP isn't aiming for the android/apple market share from what i've seen the've been going after RIM's Blackberry share. (This is solely based on my judgment of the phones WP is available on and how the OS "feels")

Posted Image

#6 kennzsniper

kennzsniper

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

yes, android here as well. can't wait to get my hands on froyo. til the update, I am still on eclair.
Hardware tech when I was in college.
1st job was a network support for SOHO
2nd job was lappy tech
3rd Job way out of my league but its nice...

#7 Stocker

Stocker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

lol I started this thread a month ago but even now I still can't decide which phone to buy. Have you guys gone through this as well?

#8 Stocker

Stocker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:03 AM

Actually nevermind that I have decided to buy an android but I should probaly wait for the next release.

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

Android 3 is coming out soon but which phones will offer it and which ones will upgrade to it I do not know, but its a safe bet to say the galaxyS phones from Samsung will get 3. It took me a long time to decide which phone i wanted even thought i was commited to getting an Android phone there are many good, great, and not so great options.

Posted Image

#10 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

Get the DroidX! It's the biggest freakin phone in production right now! It's HOOOGE! You can check your email, facebook, run a bunch of apps or use the phones mighty size to deter attackers! The only thing it doesn't do is wash your dog!

After you get your phone... you should perform some action that is synonymous with the word beginning/origin/stem/core/base/infrastructure

The action referred to here cannot actually be spoken of or discussed on this forum but you should certainly research it and come to your own conclusion.
for3ver,
goose90proof

#11 MichaelB51026

MichaelB51026

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:23 AM

I choose android. but i'm still waiting for froyo for my milestone.
God helps those who help themselves.

#12 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

I choose android. but i'm still waiting for froyo for my milestone.

You should have a look over at xda - they have already ported Froyo to the Milestone :blink:

Didn't know which version you had, so just linked to the main forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=667

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#13 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Androids are by far best smartphones out there. They offer flexibility of service providers, a wide spectrum of compatibility, and offers better specs than the iPhone (for the most part). That, and you're not forced to one specific model, you can go between HTC, Motorola, and a couple of other brands such as Samsung, so your not forced to stick with the interface on the iPhone. That, and since the android market is getting bigger and bigger, it will just be more compatible in the long run versus a iPhone or any smart phone for that matter.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#14 Stocker

Stocker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

Having read so much reviews the past months I have to conclude that EVO 4G is the best android phone for me. But now another problem is here. I heard Nexus S and EVO 4G Shift is coming in this year so should I wait and see first before I make my purchase?

#15 Rachel_01

Rachel_01

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

My iphone 3GS is the first smart phone I've owned. I bought it about a year ago and I really struggled at the time between a droid and an iPhone. At the time, there wasn't the app market share with droids yet. The negative of the iPhone is AT&T.

I ended up buying the iPhone. I love the phone, but really hate AT&T -- I've never had so many dropped called in life.

If I had was in the market for a phone now -- it would most deinately be an android. (I could go back to verizon coverage and there are a ton of apps out there now) Also everyone I know that has an EVO loves it.

As for waiting for the latest and greatest Stocker -- something bigger/better will always be just around the corner... no matter when you are looking to buy :-)

Edited by Rachel_01, 18 November 2010 - 08:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users