Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Scuriy Warning" "Antivirus software alert"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trudy Lynn

Trudy Lynn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

This started on Saturday. I receive a "Security Warning" message box in the center of the screen which states that the file rundll32.exe is infected, and asks me if I want to activate antivirus software now. I close this box and it keeps returning with different file names.

I will also get a message box in the center of th screen that reads," ATTENTION ! SPYWARE ALERT Vulnerabilities found. Your computer is infected by spyware - 34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry. It is strongly recommended that you disinfect your computer and activate secure protection against future intrusions." There is then a link "Why do you need realtime spyware protection?" that does not work (I cannot connect to the internet at all.) Under that it reads, "Upgrade to full version of antivirus software to clean your computer and prevent new security and privacy attacks. You will be able to download daily updates and get online protection against Internet attacks." There are then two links, one which reads "Activate your antivirus software" (I've not clicked on this.), and one that reads "Stay Unprotected" (I click this and the box disappears for a while and then returns.)

Also, in the lower right corner of the screen a box appears that reads "Antivirus software alert" "Infiltration alert" "Virus Attack" "Your computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan - dropper or similar." "DETAILS" "Attack from: 245.83.35.104, port 41598 Attacked port: 29990 Threat: BankerFoxA" "Do you want to block this attack?" Then a "Yes" link, and a "No" link. (If I click "No", it reappears with different numbers.)

I first tried to run Malwarebytes. As I could not access the internet on the infected computer, I downloaded it from a clean computer to a USB drive. But it would not run. I printed your "Preparation Guide for Ue Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help". I downloaded Defogger and DDS onto the same USB drive from the clean computer, but neither of those will run. As a test I tried to run Spider Solitaire and it will not run either. It appears nothing will run. It seems as if all of these programs start, then just disappear.

I am not sure where to start, as I cannot seem to even run your recommended starting diagnostic tools. I hope you can help me. I will be communicating through my daughter's netbook and my work computer, so I will be able to check for messages.

Thank you for your time.
Trudy Lynn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trudy Lynn

Trudy Lynn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Got no response from here, but I am okay now. Paid someone to help.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

As this issue appears to be resolved I am closing the topic. Please send me (or any other Moderator) a Personal Message (PM) if you would like the topic re-opened.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users