Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer freezes (sometimes)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CJJ

CJJ

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Hi,

My computer has started freezing at random times, sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes never?

My os is windows xp. I am running malware bytes and avast but so far have found no virus/malware problems

I'm therefore not sure if this is a software, malware or hardware problem and would be grateful if you could please help me try to narrow down what is wrong with my pc.

I have so far thoroughly cleaned the inside of the pc to reduce the temperature but this has had no effect, it still freezes.

Much appreciated and Many thanks,
Chris

Edited by Budapest, 14 September 2010 - 10:54 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CJJ

CJJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

After a bit of further investigation, it seems as if my pc only freezes when either downloading e.g. latest version of itunes or streaming video.

I have recently added another 1gb of ram to the pc but this does not seem to have made any difference!?!

Please help,
Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users