Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my iPhone carrying viruses?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fgeelo

fgeelo

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

I have a friend who is wondering, can the iPhone harbour PC viruses or a keylogger?

For example, when you plug in the iPhone, you are able to access the internal memory where images are stored on it straight via "My Computer". Is it possible that a keylogger virus could be stored on that internal memory, and then when you plug it into another computer, it is transfered onto that computer?

So to be specific, the question is not about whether or not the virus would affect the iPhone (although if it would, please let me know) but whether or not the iPhone could carry and transfer it to other PC's.

Thanks alot for your answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Can someone please help out? Would be much appreciated.

#3 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

Anyone?

#4 fgeelo

fgeelo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

I am sorry to bump this thread so much but it would be very nice to get a response from this. My friend would really like to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users