Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OE to Win 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BagelAnne

BagelAnne

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

I have found tons of info on how to transfer my email messages and address book using easy transfer.
My problem is that my hard drive is damaged and will not boot.
But I am able to attach it to the computer using a HD enclosure and a usb connection.
Not being able to boot means I cannot export the accounts as a iaf file.
Not being able to start OE means I cannot export messages.
I can see the outlook express files on the hard drive but how do I convert them into a format that Windows Live can import?
Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

If you can locate the files that you need by using the drive in an external enclosure, the easiest method that I can suggest would be to 'Copy' the files from their folder on the damaged drive and 'Paste' them into the proper folder on your current drive.
Please refer to this article on how to import mail from Outlook Express. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows...outlook-express

Edited by Zuhl3156, 14 September 2010 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users