Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bg9208

bg9208

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hi, I just replaced my old mobo with an ASUS with NVIDAInForce 2. After a few probs. with recognition of USB and a few other items, everything now seems to be working fine with the exception of Audio. I downloaded the setup files from the ASUS CD but still can.t get a peep out of either earphones or speakers. Can anyone suggest the reason for this problem and maybe answers on how to overcome it, short of installing a separate soundcard.

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

That motherboard should have come with a CD containing the drivers for that board. Did it, and did you load the drivers?

When you say that you downloaded the "setup files", are you referring to the drivers?

Would you please post the model of this Asus motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bg9208

bg9208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:21 AM

Thank you for your message. The mobo came with CD containing drivers for NVDIA and for USB and I clicked on install and presumed that that would load the drivers. the mobo is an ASUS 78X-X Rev 2.xx

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

The NVDIA is your audio. If you installed the drivers for this they should be present in the Device Manager.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager.

Scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers to see if the drivers are installed, or if there are any errors.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 bg9208

bg9208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hi and thanks for the reply.
I have checked Device Manager and found "Sound, video and game controllers with sub entries as follows

Audio codecs
Legacy Audio drivers
Legacy video capture devices
Medfia Control device
MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
NVDIA®nForce™Audio Codec Interface
Standard Game Port
Video Codecs

Clicking on "Properties" of each shows as "Working Properly"
None of them has the X mark of inoperative.Any further suggestions of where the problem may lie?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

Have you looked in the Audio and sound devices in the control panel to be sure that the audio isn't muted, or the volume is too low?

#7 bg9208

bg9208
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:14 AM

Yes checked all the parameters and tabs including advance settings and they are all set to maximum volume, nothing seems to be muted.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Are the speakers plugged into the correct terminal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users