Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Azure Kite

Azure Kite

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

I am a network administrator for a school and am having some troubles with a couple of laptops that a specific class use. They are laptops that use the school wireless for access to the internet. There are two sets of wireless networks in the school. A regular (known as "WIRELESS") internet wireless that implements a RADIUS validation through the Active Directory and a second wireless (known as "STUDENT") that is for students to access that is a limited internet connection that does not use any authentication or have any access to internal servers. These are laptops that require use of a share on one of my fileservers and are active on WIRELESS so they can do just that. The issue is that the students are impatient and will once logged in turn on the "STUDENT" wireless which will disconnect them from any internal shares and prohibit any programs that use licensing servers from validating. What I'm curious of if anyone around here would know of a way to disable access to the wireless control panel while still leaving it active. I've been unsuccessful in finding any registry command that would fit the job I require. That would work or preventing the students (disallow them) from joining an unsecure network as the STUDENT is unsecured.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jon

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2010 - 12:34 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Networking ~ Hamluis.

"As Rule# 87 states: Actors are not good for nothing, they're best for nothing." - Frank Kincaid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tommy28

tommy28

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

I think you can do that in active directory with group policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users