Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with Windows Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BandPod

BandPod

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

I've been trying to import some video files. But, problem is I can't seem to import my .avi videos. I've converted many of my videos from it's original file type, that is MP4, to .avi which is compatible with Windows movie maker. I used Format Factory to convert them. The error is as follows:

"Video0048.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again."

I've already installed K-lite codec pack but it still isn't working.

Any suggestions please? It would be much appreciated :D

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2010 - 09:36 AM.
Moved from Bus Applications to Audio/Video ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BandPod

BandPod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Oh sorry. Please, I request the topic to be moved to the Audio and Video Forums if possible. ^^' I'm sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,730 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

There's also a setting in configuration options...which allegedly allows for auto download of any needed codecs.

I find that I also have problems importing some files into WMM...but I think it's not a codec problem, just the fact that WMM has not seen any new development or updating...in some time. The only way to repair WMM...is to reinstall SP2...and that was long ago.

Louis

#4 Hawkes

Hawkes

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

BandPod,

Not sure if you are still looking for help with this, but G-Spot can help you determine what codec was used. Here's a link to a guide that was written a few years ago, but still applicable.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/find_what_video_and_audio_codecs_to_use.cfm

Good luck.
-Hawkes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users