Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials Alert Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 donald trumpet

donald trumpet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

Hello,

I recently obtained the Microsoft Security Essentials Alert Virus which acts as an antivirus software on my computer. Everytime i try to open any program/file it says that its the virus on my computer. In Safe Mode without networking the virus pops up immediatly when my computer boots up. I tried to follow the insturctions on this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html in order to show the diagnostics of my computer but i can not get the internet to run or any program for that matter. I have done a lot of research on this site and saw the different RKill's you can download to close the processes the virus continually runs. This was ineffective and i am at a complete loss. The RKills i have used so far are iExplorer.exe eXplorer.exe rkill.com rkill.exe rkill.scr rkill.pif and then i just tried random names in front of each format of extension. At this point I need some direction of where i can go from here. Could you please help me with the next steps i can take to get around this virus? I am running with Windows Xp Media Center Edition Version 2002.

thanks,
Donald Trumpet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 donald trumpet

donald trumpet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

After a couple hours of trial and error methods i finally got the rkill to run. This topic can be deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users