Please download TFC
(Temp File Cleaner) by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
Note: It is normal for the computer to be slow to boot after running TFC cleaner the first time.
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
- Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- TFC will clear out all temp folders (temp, IE temp, Java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari) for all user accounts including:
- All Users.
- and any other accounts in the user folder.
- Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Please download Norman Malware Cleaner
and save to your desktop.alternate download link
Note: For usb flash drives and/or other removable drives to scan, use the Add button to browse to the drives location, click on the drive to highlight and choose Ok.
- Be sure to read all the information Norman provides on the same page.
- Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start the program.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
- Click Start Scan to begin.
- In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot and run the tool again to ensure that all infections are removed.
- After the scan has finished, a log file a log file named NFix_date_time (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
Please perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and follow these instructions
for doing a Quick Scan
in normal mode.
-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
as you may need to rename it or use RKill