Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

got an infected pen drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kosuruvr

kosuruvr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:25 PM

A few days back I used my pen drive in a computer for making a presentation. Unfortunately that computer has virus / malware in it and it infected my pen drive. When I brought it back and tried to use it in my pc, it showed up the infection, but was unable to cure it as the drive is now write protected and I tried the following to recover my pen drive / format it.

1. I tried formatting through command prompt.
2. I tried changing the attributes.
3. I created a linux partition and tried to format the drive / delete the infected files. although I was able to use the drive now in linux, it could not delete the infected files.
4. I tried using different virus removal softwares but with out any success.

Now I feel I have no other option except to throw the infetced pen drive. This is now my last resort and I hope there would be some one who would be able to help out.

Thanks,

K V Rao, Jorhat, India

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users