Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combine Wireless Network with a Wired One

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ch33zer

ch33zer

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

Hi! On my desktop, I am connected directly to the router with a cord, however, I also have a wireless card (left over from when I was living at home). Can I use the bandwidth of both simultaneously? I am on Win 7 btw.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

The simple answer is no. The bandwidth of your internet connection is far less than your wired connection so adding another connection would not help you increase speed there. For transfering data over the network locally it would require speciallized software to combine the connections which in theory should give more bandwidth. In reality this rarely works to any degree worth going through the trouble of even trying to get it to work and requires specific hardware so you can not use any old card laying around to do it.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users