Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

java

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 murphym1p

murphym1p

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

i have firefox, ie and opera browsers, i play games at pogo.com and when the window for the game opens the browser shuts down, i dont see a browser icon in the task bar like i use to, i just reinstalled vista the browsers are fine except for the games that use java

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

Update your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Note 1: UNCHECK any pre-checked toolbar and/or software offered with the Java update. The pre-checked toolbars/software are not part of the Java update.

Note 2: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. If you don't want to run another extra service, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click OK and restart your computer.

Now, we need to remove old Java version and its remnants...

Download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • Run JavaRa.exe (Vista users! Right click on JavaRa.exe, click Run As Administrator), pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 murphym1p

murphym1p
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

thank your for your help i followed the link to checking my java and it ran around then the browser just shut down using ie tried it several times and keeps happening, i went back to my game site and it has a java check on it and it says i have the latest version installed now im confused but browser still shuts down when i open game up, i have a java log which im going to send you if you want to see it, if you can tell me how to attached it to a posting, thanks again for the help.

Edited by murphym1p, 14 September 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

browser still shuts down when i open game up

All three browsers?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

Check your flash player version aswell. Make sure you're running the latest of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users