Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google/IE8 Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andy_H2010

Andy_H2010

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hello,

I am new to using these Forum's and have spent some time reading other people's comuter problems and subsequent solutions and I am really hoping you can work your magic on me!!

The last couple of weeks I have been experiencing problems where my Google results are being redirected all over the place when I click on them. About 1 in 3 times I get this redirect thing and off I go to somewhere else. I have downloaded and run StopZilla and SpyHunter 4, both programmes found lots of issues but not resolved this one. Every time I run the SpyHunter4 scan it comes back with infections, I can clean them up run the scan immediately and there are more - usually cookie based ones (of that makes sense!).

I use the AVG Free antivirus and it never picked up anything at all. I have noticed my PC has slowed down quite a bit also. When I was first infected I kept getting lots of Popups all the time, even when not touching the computer but the scans I have run from StopZilla and SpyHunter4 seem to have cured this, I am left with this redirect problem. It also redirects when I use Yahoo! search engine. I downloaded Google Chrome and it is a lot better, but every now and again the redirect problem hits me.

Please can you help guide me through some of the processes of how to get rid of this pesky problem. I am running Windows XP Professional, Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andy_H2010

Andy_H2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

OK I have fixed the problem myself now after Windows crashed for some reason - blue screen of death and wouldn't boot even in safe mode. Kept stopping at mup.sys. I used my Windows CD to begin the repair process and after that rebooted and ran the updates and everything is exactly the way it was except I no longer seem to have the redirect virus. Happy Days!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users